Cook Time: ~30-40 min
Ingredients: Squid | Mixed Fish | Salt | Pepper | Porcini Mushrooms | onion | Extra Virgin Olive Oil | onion | anchovies | pine nuts | garlic | tomatoes | white wine |
- Clean and wash 300g of small squid and one kilogram of mixed fish for soup, cut into even-sized pieces.
- Soak 20g of dried porcini mushrooms in warm water;
- chop an onion, a carrot and a handful of parsley.
- Rinse and bone two salted anchovies and pound them to a paste with a small handful of pine nuts.
- Heat some Mantova Italian Extra Virgin Olive oil in a casserole dish and soften two crushed cloves of garlic in it;
- Add the anchovy and pine nut paste stirring with a wooden spoon.
- Add the chopped vegetables to the dish,
- Add 2 peeled and chopped ripe tomatoes,
- Then add the squid and the rest of the fish and the mushrooms.
- Cook for ten minutes, adding some white wine, salt, and pepper.
- Finish cooking slowly and serve in soup bowls over slices of toasted or grilled bread.