Cook Time: ~80-90 min
Ingredients: Beef | Bay leaves | Salt | Pepper | Madeira | Wine Vinegar | Olive Oil | Olives | Potatoes |
- Rub salt and pepper into a 1 kg piece of beef
- Marinate with a few torn bay leaves, half a glass of Madeira and 100ml of wine vinegar for two hours.
- Then brown the beef on all sides in 2 tablespoons of Mantova oil.
- Add the marinade and cook for 20 minutes.
- Then add a peeled onion and tomato and braise for a further 40 minutes.
- Remove the onion and tomato and add 750g of scrubbed small potatoes; cook for another 15/20 minutes.
- Add 100g of Mantova olives, cook for about 5 more minutes then remove from the heat.
- Allow the meat to cool a little then cut in slices and serve with the potatoes and olives.